South Australia is a sun-baked landscape with unique beauty; offering both cultural and nature activities.
Adelaide – it is easy to spend a few days enjoying and exploring Adelaide city itself. Whether you want to be entertained or just relax, Adelaide is easy to navigate and has something for everyone.
South Australia is known as the ‘festival state’ and the city of Adelaide is packed full of cultural delights. If you want to immerse yourself in South Australia’s rich arts and culture, stroll along North Terrace – Adelaide’s “cultural boulevard.” It’s home to the Aboriginal Cultures Gallery in the South Australia Museum, Adelaide Botanic Garden and the National Wine Centre. Just around the corner, wander through the fascinating National Aboriginal Cultural Institute – Tandanya.
And if you’re after a meal or a drink, there are more than 700 restaurants, cafes and pubs to choose from. So, sample the al fresco styles of East Rundle Street, try the seafood and Asian cuisine at Gouger Street, and treat yourself to some fine dining at the restaurants and cafes of North Adelaide. A must do, is a trip to the buzzing Adelaide Central Market. It’s open every Saturday – and the best time to turn up is early in the morning for breakfast.
There are stunning national parks to explore, from the dunes of Simpson Desert to Lake Eyre National Park with its enormous ’salt-sink’. Wilpena Pound is a vast natural amphitheater with rocks protruding like gnarled fingers in the stunningly beautiful Flinders Ranges National Park.
Kangaroo Island – lies south of Adelaide and is home to koalas, sea lions and kangaroos – true natural beauty and wildlife in the wild. Get there via self-drive, coach tours or fly in/fly out packages.
Let’s not forget the wine country – visit the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and Coonawarra for a taste of the state’s prized wine-growing regions, known especially for their reds.
South Australia beckons to be explored as a destination alone or as part of a Great Ocean Road trip from Adelaide to Melbourne or Melbourne to Adelaide or as part of road trip from Western Australia to the Red Centre. Just let us know your wish list and we’ll come up with a plan that suits.
- 3 Day Kangaroo Island
- 3 Day Kangaroo Island Adventure
- 4 Day Flinders Ranges
- 3 Day Adelaide to Melbourne via Great Ocean Road
- 5 Day Adelaide to Melbourne via Great Ocean Road
- 13 Day Cairns to Sydney Discovery
- 9 Day Adelaide to Melbourne
- 3 Day Melbourne to Adelaide Express
- 5 Day Melbourne to Adelaide via Great Ocean Road
- 5 Day Melbourne to Adelaide Highlights Express
- 7 Day Melbourne to Adelaide Highlights
- 9 Day Melbourne to Adelaide including Kangaroo Island
- 11 Day Melbourne to Adelaide Great Southern Touring Route
- 13 Day Adelaide to Sydney
- 7 Day Adelaide to Alice Springs
- 11 Day Adelaide to Alice Springs
- 15 Day Adelaide to Darwin
- 16 Day Sydney to Adelaide via Melbourne